Friday, August 14, 2009

The end of the line


It's the last day of our Vancouver tripand I had one last spot to take the girls. To get there I drove down Hastings st., which has one of the largest populations of homeless, drug addicts and hookers in North America. I didn't think that much about it until Jen pointed out the window and asked what was going on. Throngs of the shadiest people were all over the side walks, cracked out and some just lying on the side walk. I had been down that street hundreds of times and it had seemed normal to me, but it is strange. Even in New York the homeless are dispersed through the city and you don't see anything like that. We made it to our store and on the way back Jen asked to go back down the street. I slowly cruised down the street and we all looked out the window at the end of the line.